Ok, taking a break from the Utah trip to tell about Cody's first day of School today.

We got off to a great start....Well, as you can see from the

picture, Cody had a little trouble adjusting to his early morning, but once he got some breakfast in him and his teeth brushed he was ready to go. Matt went into work late so he could see Cody off to school too, so that was fun! I held my emotions together pretty well and never let a tear fall. Even though my eyes were wet, my voice hard to speak and my s

pit hard to swallow. But things went much smoother than last yea

r
(click here for last years post) probably had a lot to do with living here for a year already, familiar with the school, Matt wasn't out of town, it wasn't Cody's Birthday and Cody has lots of friends already. Elena had fun having alone time with her barbie princess

es as they watch a movie together. (I love how she smashed them between the coffee table and the couch....oh those couches, yes I know it is time for some new couches, I am very aware of that.) Then we went out and did some birthday shopping, because it is Cody's birthday tomorrow! Since it has been summer I have ha

d Cody in tow every time I go to the store....hence, couldn't buy his presents. Anyways 3:00 was here before we knew it and we're excited to welcome Cody home and hear about his first day of 2nd Grade!!! Cody's report...IT WAS GREAT!!!! but I just can't remember anything that happened. AHHH such a boy....no details. However, suddenly when it was getting past bedtime, he remembered his day. He knows I am a succor and will let him stay up late if it means he will cuddle with me and give me all those details I have been waiting for. This boy is smart!!!..... and wonderful and amazing and I love him and I miss him while he is at school and yet....going to Walmart with just Elena was quite dreamy :)
I

had to add this picture of this "opened" box of crayons. Elena was so proud of herself, she said to me...Mommy, I opened this all by myself....really I did!!!! (thanks for clarifying that Elena) Cute thing!!
Haha! I love the first picture of Cody asleep at the table! That is awesome!
ReplyDeleteI love your pictures and description of the first day! I was so glad to hear Cody say last night that he loved 2nd grade. I can't wait to see a picture of the birthday cake!
ReplyDelete