Monday, August 8, 2011

Utah Part 2 - Kaysville

The kids and I headed up to Kaysville to stay with John and Cheryl (my brother and sister in law) for a few days. We used to live about 3 min from them before we moved to Mesa, so our kids are really close and love being with each other. That night Cheryl and I packed them all up and headed to the Drive In Theater. The first and last time I had been to a drive in was when I was 7 and my mom sent me to be the chaperon for my sister Julie and her boyfriend Mark (husband now). I was every teenagers dream of a chaperon as I feel asleep about 20 min. into the first show. ( I think the movies were Funny Farm and Baby Boom). Cheryl and I didn't really know what to do at a drive in, but we did work it out really great!!! We got there about 30 min early and pulled out all the car seats and set them up at the back of the car. The kids were all in their PJs and we brought some popcorn and cookies. The Armada was perfect for the drive in (by the way we finally paid that sucker off and a year early too. woo hoo!!!) and the Bose surround sound was pretty awesome too. We stayed for the first show which was Cars2, the three oldest were still awake, but the three little girls crashed towards the end. This seriously was one of the highlights of the trip for me. It was a really fun night. The next day we packed a picnic and went to Angle Street Park (to my Kaysville friends, sorry we didn't stop by.....emotions for Kaysville are still at a heightened level and is better to just ignore the fact that we love and miss all of you and want to be with you. Sorry we never planed anything) I love these pictures that I got of them sticking their legs out of the tunnel holes. I love how when you are with your cousins, you can always just be yourself.....Nothing Beats Family!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment