3 months ago
Friday, August 12, 2011
Happy 7th Birthday
We
ll Cody made it another year.
He is now a big 7 year old. A few days ago I asked Cody what he wanted for his birthday and was surprised by his answer of Breakfast in Bed. Cute little guy, so of course that is how we started his special day. And Elena was excited to get Breakfast in bed too. Then we made a mad rush to get ready and out the door for school. El
ena and
I came home and started making the cake. He wanted and Angry Birds Cake with camouflage cake inside. I had been working on this cak
e for a few days already, trying to make all the angry bird figurines. Most
people would have used fondent frosting, but 1st of all I am not a fan of the taste. 2nd of all, it would have cost me $25-$30 to buy all the colors I would have needed. And third of a
ll, I didn't want to go trough all that work of making these little guys just to eat one....see how yucky it is and then throw the rest away. Soooo I used molding clay from Dollar Tree. The bad thing is the clay never hardens, but I sprayed shellac on them and that sealed them all up and actually keeps them together nicely, so that they are able to be played with. I was originally going to surprise Cody with his cake, but I accidentally left a bird out and he saw it and was completely amazed by my angry bird making skills. He stayed by my side the whole time and told me what ones to make and all of their details. I loved his reactions after I would finish one. "Mom, you are like the very best I have ever seen at making these" I'm not going to lie, id does feel pretty good to be such a cool mom. Funny how my status can change so quickly, so I am just enjoying it while it lasts. The cake turned out great, there were a few minor changes Cody wanted me to make after I had already place everything, but other than that Cody LOVE IT!!! Elena and I dropped off some
birthday treats and a balloon to Cody Class and you can see him with his balloon after school got out. We went to Chuck e Cheeses for dinner, and I fo
rgot my camera. No big deal though, it was actually the lamest Chuck e Cheeses I had ever been to, but the kids had fun. Cody could
not wait to get home and finally open his pres
ents. His two big gifts were of course Star Wars Lego sets. He built one set that night and then woke up early this morning and got ready as fast as possible so he could build General Grievous before school. Anyways, I think he had a great day. What an amazing little boy Cody is!!!! So glad he is ours forever!!!! We Love You Tons Cody!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment