Thursday, August 18, 2011

Utah Part 5 - Last of the Utah Trip

On Wednesday we had a fun day with cousins at Classic. We played inside first and of course Matt got addicted to an arcade game of Cut the String or something like that. Just $10.00 later he won an Itouch. Cody was one of the only ones rooting Matt on, the rest of us rolled our eyes and told him he should never go to Vegas, that is until he won. Somehow in all the excitement of Matt winning, Elena got a little misplaced. I had her over by this play area and then I heard Matt had won, so I went over to where Matt was. When I came back to Elena, she was gone. I searched all around the bounce houses and slides, but no sign. Humm....I knew she couldn't have gone too far, but still I was starting to panic. And then I saw her.... crouched into a corner sobbing. The only problem was she was 20 feet in the air in a jungle tree house (which is where I left her, I just didn't know there was a passage way that went clear above us and into a whole other section.) I stood under her and told her daddy was coming, but she was in hysteria at this point and could not hear me. My heart broke for her, but Matt was there soon and just held her until she calmed down enough to go play and have fun. Then the kids had a blast in the bounce houses and slides and then we changed and went to the water park there. Those slides are hecka fast, but it was so fun!!!! Such a great day!!!!


The next day we went to Hollywood Connection. It was ok fun.... the kids loved the bumper cars the best. We tried to go roller skating which is something I have always wanted to do with the kids, but it was totally not fun at all. About 1/4th of the way around the rink, trying to skate and hold the kids up was not even remotely fun. We finally made it back around and put our shoes back on. We did have fun with the miniature golf, and then played on the rides again.

That night we ended the reunion at Leatherby's....I again forgot my camera, I know there were people there who took pictures of my kids, so maybe I will put a picture on some other time. But Cody was in heaven as he got to share the biggest ice cream they make with Matt.



Then we went home packed up and in the morning headed to my mom's house to spend some time there. From there we drove to Tuacahn and went and saw The Little Mermaid. Neither of us had ever been to Tuacahn, and it was the kids first musical or play of any kind. They loved it and we had a blast!!! I am not a big fan of my picture with Elena, probably because I had been eating too many of my favorite Granny B's Cookies....every gas stop in Utah for the whole time were were there, I would grab me one. I just can't get enough of these and they don't have them here in AZ. Any ways at the end, Elena got to meet Ariel and Eric. Pretty Fun. When we got in the car around midnight the kids looked like this. Less then 5 minuets and they looked like this. Matt drank a 5 hour energy and we rolled into our driveway around 6 in the morning. FANTASTIC VACATION!!!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great seeing your pictures of Tuachan, especially of Elena with Ariel and Eric. Your posts are great!

    ReplyDelete