Friday, August 20, 2010

New School, No Friends... No Problem!!!!

Well the first day of school has come and gone. It also happened to be Cody's 6th Birthday. When we found that we were moving here to Mesa, I looked up when the first day of School would be. Seriously...August 11th!!! Although the first day of school is a really crapy day to have your birthday, I didn't let Cody know that. It was all about Awesomeness!!!!! And despite the weirdness of the day it turned out to be a great day. Matt was out on business in Tennessee, but we got by. We had a somewhat healthy breakfast and then headed out to walk to school in the NON coolness of the morning air. I never did get a great first day of school picture...it was just too sunny to not squint or look annoyed by having to smile for the camera. I of course had no idea where to go, I couldn't find his line to line up in....another little boy decided to ask me for help finding his class, so there I was feeling a little hot, sweaty, and stressed and yet trying to look calm, so not to make Cody feel scared. I was about to start crying, because I felt so bad for Cody...New School, No friends, Birthday and he was handling it all so well. The bell rang and I still had two lost boys with me. I headed into the school and some nice guy helped us all get where we needed to be. Quick kiss on the forehead to my boy and a Happy Birthday wish and he was gone. What a brave little dude. Elena and I were there at 3:00, sweating under that beautiful blue sky, holding balloons as Cody came out of the school. All went well and continues to go well. He seems to be adjusting well, enjoys getting up and going to school and has made a few new friends. It seems each time we move he gets less and less shy....amazes me from where he used to be. Great Job Cody!!!! Oh and I am loving the 6 hours of no fighting and getting to hang with my Princess Elena (don't you just love the dress ups?)

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad it is going well for Cody. I have been wondering how he was liking school. We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good to see you when you were in Utah. I am glad that you guys like it so far. I want to see your new house. Post some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're all adjusting. Where in TN does Matt do business? I hope things continue to go well for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your new updates. I'm sure that you will have a wonderful time in Arizona. Everything looks beautiful in the pictures, even the unfinished lawn!

    ReplyDelete