Now I have to preface this post with a mention of....Again I am very grateful for what I have, I am just playing catch up and trying to capture some of our mental and emotional thinking of the past few months.
In o

ur house in Kaysville our Kitchen was the absolute best there is. It is so functional, can hold a crowd well, has TWO huge drawers for Tupperware and kids cups and plates (I can never keep these things organized) and way more cupboard space then any family should ever need. And last but not least....it is beautiful!!! That is one of the things that stood out from all the other houses we looked at was all the wood. We LOVE the DARK!!!!! Any ways...we spent most of our two days house hunting in Glendale and a few hours of the second day in Mesa. Because of our time frame for moving and wanting to get settled we fortunately or unfortunately ruled out short-sale homes. Any ways long story short...we found th

is spec home that would be ready for us with in our time frame. Great floor plan, but it had pink wood work. (Not really pink, but the wood has a very pink cast to it.) When you buy an exis

ting home, it is easier to accept the wood color or some of the other designer choices. But when you are buying a new home, mentally it is hard to accept the fact that I am paying for something brand new and I DON'T like it. Silly I know, but that is how we were feeling. The pictures don't pick up the pink color like the natural eye does, but you get t

he idea....just not what we were used to. The walls are plain white and are only painted with a primer. (Ya what kind of a cheapo home builder sells their house with just primed walls.) And at this point we were too late to choose a paint color...RIDICULOUS. (But it turned out better in the long run.) Any ways, the windows here are all tinted so they reduce the sun penetration, so there is a greenish cast on the walls at times. So it true, we have pink cabinets and green walls.
No comments:
Post a Comment