Friday, August 20, 2010

The 40 Day Birthday

Well we have been celebrating Cody's birthday for 40 days now. We had a birthday party for him back in the end of June before we got totally packed up to move. It was a huge success. We had 21 kids come from the neighborhood come and all went really smoothly and was SOOO much fun. For the backwards theme we started with Thank You cards for the invitations that opend backwards (you can see the reflection from the mirror of the info for the invite.) Then for the decorations we hung balloons upside down and streamers on the floor. A lot of the kids wore their clothes inside out or backards. When the kids were arriving we had a card with their name printed backwards, they had to decorate them and as they held them up to the mirror they were totally amazed that it said their name the correct way. Then of course we had dessert first, which were cake filled ice cream cones with ice cream and frosting on top. (I thought these turned out really cute, if I do say so myself.) And sang ..You To Birthday Happy. Then we went down and opened presents, I wanted to do something fun with this, because last year is was pure mayhem as he opened over a dozen presents in less then two minuets. Well at the last moment I figured it out. I had the child who brought the present got to open the present, but had to sit behind Cody and be his arms. It turned out to be so fun and Cody did so good. at letting the other person open the present. It turned out to be really fun. Then we had lunch, which was backwards hot dogs and Capri Suns from the oven. (My camera went missing in action, until after everone was done eating, so the pictures are not that great of the backwards hot dog.) I was so happy that so many of Cody's friends could come and show how much they love him. My plan was to also have a Birthday party here in AZ, but fortunately or unfortunately we hadn't made any friends yet. I might just use this same party idea for next year, since it will be an all new crowd. A few dats later we celebrated a family birthday party with Matt Family. I made him a Monster Truck Cake (turned out really cute for how easy it was). Then came the real day for Cody's Birthday. August 11th...not only was it his birthday, but also the first day of school and Matt happened to be in Tennessee, so it was interesting. I happened to stumble upon some Star Wars Cupcakes at Wal-Mart--$5.00 Oh!!! even easier then the Monster Truck Cake! We saved Cody's last present and four cup cakes for when Matt came home. We also went to Peter Piper Pizza. Any ways all in all our 40 days of partying turned out great. On a side note....the the day after Cody's Birthday I checked the mail and there was a key in our mail box to open the mail box for packages. I waited to get the package until Cody was home from school, as I assumed the package was for Cody. I made a BIG deal about the package in the mail box and let Cody open the mail box and get the package out himself. We hurried home Cody opened the package and guess what it was...... printer ink cartridges!!!! Yes just what six year old wants. Shoot!!! Ya, I forgot that I had ordered those. Cody kept asking why I would trick him like that.... I felt pretty bad. Oh well at least he had his last present still. Which I had convinced him that his last present was a big box of crayons. When Matt got home and he opened is Lego Star Wars Land Speeder....as you can see he was pretty happy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That backwards party is the cutest idea I have EVER heard of! I have to do that for at least one of my kids! You are so, so clever! And your son is so, so lucky and absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete