Friday, August 20, 2010

Relocation

The next few post are mostly documenting the past. Might be boring for you to read, but if you are board...read away.
Well we did it...After a much strung out relocation, lots of emotional eating, a weight gain of 10 lbs and lots of nights being away from each other....we finally moved our family to Mesa, AZ. We ended up renting our house out in Kaysville... in hopes that some day we can return. This made buying a new house a little crapy, as we didn't have much of a down payment. We also had some intense buyers remorse and threatened to back out a few times...and all in all probably should have...basically we are getting less house for more money and in AZ right now...there are so many deals to be had that this should not be the case. Oh well, lesson learned and we move on, right? Despite the ups and downs I think we will be very happy here and we are just glad to be here and be together. The house was a spec home, so we had NO say in any of the options. The ungrateful side of me hates the colors of the cabinets and the stair rail, the crapy carpet, and while I am being picky I would have picked different tile and had it layed at an angle. We also have the whole issue of the yard not being finished at all. YA...what were were thinking????? We also really want a swimming pool.... a necessity here Mesa! So basically any sign of a raise from this promotion is a complete wash. See why we had the buyers remorse?!!!! But what is done is done and we felt good about it at the time, so we need to trust in that I suppose. And then there is the un-materialistic side of me, that says...SHUT -UP LORI and look at all you have to be grateful for!!!! and it is SO true. I have and AWESOME husband who has a job that provides well for our family, a wonderful home, two strong, beautiful healthy kids and a forever family. A person really couldn't ask for more. And in all, NOTHING else matters. I am so blessed and despite my complaining about our pink cabinets, I truly am greatful... (not that they are pink, but greatful that I have cabinets.) Ok, Now that that is out of the way, scroll down to read a few side note stories of our journey so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment