Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Cruising Rocks My World...... Seriously, my world won't stop rocking.

I am going to break these posts up a little.  This post is more about me and one of my many oddities....Most everyone who really knows me, knows that I have a horrible fear of Throw-up.    It's not just something I hate or dislike...it is something I am fearful of.  I don't know how this developed or when it exactly started, but I think it was sometime in elementary school.  My first recollection of someone throwing-up was in Kindergarten.  I also remember in first grade Mrs. West reading Romona Quimby Age 8 and there was a part where Romona threw-up at school.  This was the first of many times that I called home sick...fearful that I might throw-up.  If you ever threw up by me, around me or I even found out that you have thrown-up....you can expect that I would keep my distance as much as possible, even after several days or years :)  In 3rd grade I brought my own lunch to school, we were required to put our lunch in this laundry basket with all the other kids lunches.  Well I didn't want my lunch to touch this boys lunch who had thrown-up once in class. I conjured up a plan and decided to bring my lunch in the old Little Caesar's Pizza bag.  (you know...the big white paper bag that two pizzas used to come in?)  That way my lunch would be too big to fit in the laundry basket and I would just have to carry it. As I got older, I feel like it has only gotten worse.  In College I was out running at CHS track and my boyfriend at the time (remember I waited for Matt faithfully "In My Heart") said he was going to throw-up.  I just kept on running and wanted nothing to do with him.  He told me later that night that he didn't throw-up, I didn't believe him and told him he needed to go home.  Along the line of old boyfriends....there was another college boy friend that told me he has never thrown-up....it made me nervous that he might be the one I was going to marry.....again remember still waiting faithfully "In My Heart" for Matt. I remember telling my mom before I was engaged that I love Matt so much!!!  I said... I think I would even be ok if he threw-up.  Her response.....Wow!!! that must be LOVE.  As we have added kids, the deal has been.....I take care of ALL diapers, but Matt does the throw-up.  Well as you all know, throw-up is not always that convenient and I am proud to say that I have really surprised myself on several occasions...and actually feel some progress being made at... I wouldn't say overcoming my fear, but doing a little bit better.  Now where is this all going???   SOOO our cruise was fast approaching and of course I was nervous about motion sickness for myself and the kids....Matt, he should have been a fighter pilot!  (Looks like I married a man with a strong stomach after all.)  I bought the sea-bands for all of us and some ginger gum and Bonine medicine.  I wanted to be prepared and on top of it all.  When I first stepped foot on the boat, I felt nervous.  I could feel it moving, by the end of the night I was feeling dizzy, and decided to take the Bonine Medicine, just to be on the safe side. I am sure most of it was in my head, but I kept that in my system and never felt sick....and now with all this in mind, you are ready to read about our day in Puerto Vallarta.  And if you are nervous like me about throw- up....don't worry, there is no need to close your eyes, plug your ears and hum the song Stars and Stripes Forever....Three Cheers for the Red, White and Blue!!....for some reason this is my go to song.

No comments:

Post a Comment