
I have been super slacker as far as giving gifts and doing special little things for our Birthmoms. I guess I could blame it on our relationships are so strong with each one that it I just assume they know how much we all

love them and think the world of them. In November Matt and I attended an adoption seminar that is required for us to stay certified to adopt. Most of it was yadi yadi yada....but I loved going to the class about Gifts for Birthmoms....not that I really got any new ideas, I just got reminded of how I used to be. That made me feel sad that I had let so much time go since I did something fun and creative for each of them. Christmas was fun and we did the Twelve days of Christmas for C. (Elena's Birthmom) and her family. We got caught on the first day....what are the odds they were coming home right when we were dropping off.

Oh well, our kids and their kids didn't know we had been caught so it was still really fun. But poor S. (Cody's Birthmom in Utah) She got stuck with an iTunes gift card... I know real creative. So for Valentines day, I amazingly started thinking early on in the game. It turned out to be one of those things that only a mother would love. And being a mom, I know those are the gifts

I LOVE the MOST!!! I asked the kids individually about some of their favorite things. Then cut some squares of cute colored Valentine paper and wrote the questions on the squares of paper. Then I had the kids write their answers.

(For Cody I typed out his answers and printed it off so he could just copy his answers and not keep asking me how to spell certain words. (I am the worst at spelling anyways, especially if I don't write it out.) He added his own flare on a few of them and I love that. (for example this on that says ("Pass")

he didn't know what to answer for his favorite snack, so he simply said pass. I love that he added the parentheses and quotation marks...hilarious!!

And his cover turned out adorable...totally and completely his idea. Elena...she rocked at writing her answers. I was hoping that she would write one word on each card, but she was diligent, even alternating colors and adding dots to some of her words. She did almost all of them, but a few which had several words in them. I decided I would just

write those one, as there is no way there would have been room for her cute handwriting....and she was exhausted.
Anyways, I laminated them and bound them together, added some ribbon and mailed them off. I think their favorite page will be when I asked the kids who their favorite person is? and without hesitation they answered with....their Birthmother's name.
Those are so cute and clever! I'm sure they were appreciated by their birth moms!
ReplyDelete