Thursday, April 1, 2010

Saint George

We took a quick trip to Saint George this past week. Matt had the Utah Health Care Convention there, so we decided once again to make a little family trip out of it. Things started off a little rocky, as the night before, I ate the other half of Matt's $20.00 burrito that he brought home for me from his trip to Tucson....enough said!!!!! But by Tuesday, I was much better and we went out shopping and bought some fun games to play in our room. The kids and I also went swimming, which was SO much fun and yet not fun. Elena insisted that she could swim and for me to let go of her. She fought me and fought me. When trying to jump into the pool she would SCREAM.....don't catch me. I tried to explain that if I let you go, you WILL sink to the bottom and choke! I said to her fine....I will count to three and then I will let you go. As I counted, Cody was FREAKING out....Mom don't do it, don't let her go!!! Elena, just couldn't be more happy that I was actually going to let her swim on her own. So as I got to 3 I let her go and down she went. And of coarse I grabbed her and brought her back up, thinking that ought to make her content with me holding her. But it didn't and we repeated this scenario several times, never really achieving anything, rather then getting Elena used to going under the water. If Matt was there, I am sure he would have just let her dive in and swim, but Matt is also life guard certified, and I....well I never did pass Advanced Beginners at the Chytraus's Swim School....so that is the equivalent of.....NOT GOOD!!!!!! We swam for about and hour and a half and just as we got out, the wind picked up and it was really COLD. I brought this huge blanket from the car out to the pool with us....I think I was going on pure inspiration, because why else would I bring a big blanket swimming? Thank goodness for that inspiration or craziness or what ever it was that made me bring it, because it very well could be considered a lifesaver! The kids were FREAKING OUT!!!! Elena just wanted to run away and jump back in the pool and they were both freezing and windblown. I threw the blanket over the top of both of them, and hurried to chase down the swim noodles and flip flops that were blowing away. The blanket was a huge help as it kept them contained and helped muffle their screaming while I dried off and gathered our things. I forgot to bring my camera to the pool.... So I had the kids reenact their parts in the blanket scene. Anyways we had a great trip.



a couple of movies of good old hotel fun!


3 comments:

  1. That's funny that they reenacted the blanket scene for the picture. - Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... I always love it when my dad pushed me around! Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the adventures of motherhood. Seriously, the things we do......

    ReplyDelete