3 months ago
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Some Finished Projects.
I am finally done!!! I have been working on a couple of projects for months now! Doing a little here and a little there. First of all I got these curtains for the windows
down stairs, but they were a little too short for my liking. (shows one curtain before I added fabric and one after) The curtains said on the package that longer sizes were available and could be purchased on line. I looked it up and nothing. I called and called and noone could tell me anything. I decided to let some time pass, to see if it was something that would be available soon. In the mean time I came across this entertainment center on KSL.com for an OK price. It was a light oak color and seemed a little out dated, but I could see it's great potential and it's ability to meet our needs, so we picked it up.(wished I had gotten a before picture) I started sanding it, but after an hour, I was tired and cold. So there it sat in our garage for about a month.
Then I had had it. I wanted it done and I wanted it done NOW!!!!!!! So for about the next three days, I was diligent in working on it any free chance I could get. I sanded, primed, and painted and painted again. We moved it downstairs and got it all set up. It seems to be a perfect fit and helps to hide the unsightly surround sound wires that have been taped to our walls and ceiling since
Matt got them for Christmas. Anyways....so having that done made me want to get going on those curtains again. I finally remembered to bring a curtain with me to the store so I could
match the fabric and then I went to work. I LOVE how they turned out! I am not a seamstress, but I can sew a straight line (well fairly strait), so it was a great project for me. Anyways, I know I asked many of you want I should do with the curtains and how do I refinish a piece of furniture, so I wanted to show you the end result!!! Next thing to save for......a nice big sectional.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Lori, it looks so great! You are amazing.
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job on both. Making more of a house into YOUR home!
ReplyDeleteI love the entertainment center! Mine is an oak and I have been wishing it were black, to. And your curtains are beautiful! In fact, that whole room looks wonderful! Great job!
ReplyDeletelooks so good! I will have to learn some tricks from you we have some furnature we want to paint as well. The curtains are really cute!
ReplyDeleteNice job Lori, they look great.
ReplyDeleteIt looks fabulous!!!
ReplyDeleteThey both turned out so nice. I like the curtains better with the dark bottoms than just plain. It added character . . . nicely done. And the entertainment center is gorgeous! Yea for you! By the way, on the speaker wires, I asked Ty. His idea was that you get wire hiding moulding. They sell it with space behind to hide the wires.
ReplyDeleteGreat job Lori. I definitely like the longer look better. What a cute family room.
ReplyDelete