The other day I got a couple of packages in the mail. Inside was some packing paper,

the kids waisted no time and went right to work coloring on the paper. I then realized that the paper was a pretty good size. I remember very clearly being in an Arts and Crafts class when I was four or five. My teacher traced me and I colored it with those ever so popular flavored markers.

(remember those??) Any ways, I knew Cody would love it. So

I told him to lay down and hold really still, he thought it was so awesome! and wanted to do it again. Then Elena wanted to try, so I had her

lay down and told her to hold really still. She of course could not hold still, but I did the best I could with out getting marker on

her clothes etc. When she got up, she looked at her picture and with such excitement cheered....A Dog!!! I laugh even now, because it was so funny how totally surprised and excited she was that it was a dog. I didn't mean to draw a dog, but with her ponytails and moving around, that is what we got. Cody drew a face on the dog and there you have it. You might have to click to make Elena's picture bigger, it turned out really light.
So fun. I love that you are able to put a picture of yourself when you were young!!! How fun. You are such a good mom, they love you so much :)
ReplyDeleteCody did a great job! He has a lot of patience. No wonder Elena was surprised! Next time, just to confuse her, you could draw a pony ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute idea. I have to substitute in achievement days...I think you just gave me my idea.
ReplyDeleteWhat cute pictures (even if Elena turned out to be a dog!) You do such cute things with your chidlren!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great project and way to be green too :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute mom you are. Great idea.
ReplyDeleteYou are such a fun mom!
ReplyDelete