Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Monster Jam

We had a fun night at Monster Jam. We dropped Elena off at Grandma and Grandpas, and off we went to the Rio Tinto Soccer Stadium. It was very hot and VERY LOUD so I am sure Elena had much more fun being center of attention with Grandma and Grandpa. Despite the loudness of the Trucks, Cody and his friend Camden has so much fun watching the Monster Trucks. As you can see from the pictures these trucks are huge!! They first did racing, to see who could make it around the track the fastest. And to all of our surprise, the truck Cody picked as his favorite, won!!! Yes he pick Tropical Thunder, it just made me laugh, because to me, it seems like Tropical Thunder was like the most "uncool" truck there. But Cody liked it because it was orange (not sure why since his favorite color is green, but anyhow.) The next section of the show was the demolition and jumps and each truck received a score. Cody loved watching this part and started liking Grave Digger. Cody and Camden thought it was a pretty cool night. On a side note, on Sunday we were coming home from the temple dedication and I was commenting to Matt about how President Monson was telling about when he was with President Uchtdorf in the cockpit and he said “Dieter don’t” Any ways Cody piped in with a …. What?? Grave Digger??? It was cute. Another side note, We have SLOWLY started the long process of paper work to start the adoption process again, (no where near being complete) but last night Cody said.... When we get a new brother lets name him Tropical Thunder.... I said what? He said you know... like a Monster Truck name. He is still quite firm on that, so luckily we have time on our side to try and convince him of another name. But I still thought that was pretty cute. Now, I just need to get going on that paper work. Augh!

7 comments:

  1. I don't know Lori, you might want to hurry. The name Tropical Thunder Barth is growing on me...I just might steal that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiff, that was FUNNY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tropical Thunder Ham....it has a ring about it huh :-)? It looked like a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is exactly why we dont let siblings name their siblings. tae wanted to name Aliya pedicuria. sure, that would have fit in great with our last name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun night. Jackson wants to name a future sibling Saucon after the area we live in. He will not be on the naming committee if we ever need one in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's in a name? Tropical Thunder by any other name would still look like a monster truck! But I agree it was cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We went to that when it came to Nampa, Idaho! Did your son just LOVE it?!?! Bradley has been obsessed with them ever since. So fun!!

    ReplyDelete