Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Halloween

So, do these Halloween Costumes look familiar? Yep, that's right! This is the 3rd year my kids have worn these costumes. (Click here for California, click here for Utah) We have lived in a different state every Halloween, so know one knows they were the same thing last year....and the year before. Ok, so everyone who reads this blog knows, but I don't care. When I was little I wore the same clown costume that my oldest brother (16 years older then I) wore when he was a baby, and I think my nieces and nephews wore it as well. Then I wore this black cat costume for the next several years, that is just how it was and guess what? I still got lots of Candy!!!! And this was no different for Cody and Elena, who raked in a hoard or Candy!!!

Well I did my annual Mom and Tot's Halloween Party....it was ok, not my best party ever, but it was fun. It seems to die more and more each year. Maybe it is just me having higher expectations of people or mom's getting involved more with their kids. Later that day we cranked some Halloween Music on Pandora and frosted cookies and carved pumpkins. Somehow I neglected to take pictures of the finished product. ( I hate it when that happens!) Also for Halloween we had trunk-or-treating at the church (where I used my bean bad toss again) and then the best part......the real trick-or-treating! Let me tell you, trick-or-treating is awesome here in Mesa. Wonderful warm night, everyone is out on in their lawn chairs in their driveways handing out candy. Some people had cotton candy machines, donuts, bounce houses, you name it. totally a night of bringing the neighborhood together. It was SOOO fun!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am learning from Billy's mission that the culture down there is so different. Wow people on lawn chairs handing out candy. That does sound nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you've been able to use those costumes three times. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cody is getting so big and he is so stinkin' handsome!!!

    ReplyDelete