Friday, December 28, 2012

The Piano Guys


I am so behind it is not even funny.  Oh well, baby steps...just taking one thing at a time and today, you get my post on The Piano Guys.  Jon Schmidt is a name that has been known around our house for many many years.  But just in the past year or so The Piano Guys have completely taken over!!! If you have not seen their You Tube Movies, it is a must....go Google the Piano Guys or click here for one of my favorites.  The other day, I caught Cody being creative during his piano practicing time.  He was trying to pull a Jon Schmidt.  I think he was a little disappointed to see it was not as easy as Jon makes it look to play upside down. I posted this picture on Face Book with the caption of Jon Schmidt in training. Any ways, thanks to a couple of my friends knowing Jon personally, he made a comment to Cody.  How cool is that of him!!!! What a great person for my kids to look up to and admire.  Any ways we went to his concert here in AZ on the 21st and had a blast!!!!! It was amazing and super fun!!! I was a little bummed at our seats.  I thought we were on the front row of the balcony, when really there was no balcony. It was just the very back section of the auditorium and you stepped up one step to get to your seat. Had I known that, I would have chosen our seats closer up, and not on the "balcony" but it turned out ok.  It did give the kids a little more room to move around and were were by this brick wall so that Elena could run her fingers down the lines of the bricks....bonus!!!!  The kids did great!!!! I had to remind Elena a couple of times not to hum to the music, and she fell asleep before it was over, but they both really enjoyed it.  The line was WAY long to get a picture with Jon and it was already 10:00pm, so we opted for this ...boot leg one (ya that is Jon way in the back ground posing for a picture with some stranger.)  Along the lines of concert going, I took the kids to the Messiah Sing-In.  Matt and I wanted to go so bad and our friend was the Soprano Soloist, so that made it even more exciting to go.  But Matt was out of town, and I didn't really want to get a babysitter for the kids, so I took them with.  They were very good, but I will let these pictures speek for how much they enjoyed it.  But since then, I have caught them on several occasions singing parts of the Hallelujah Chorus and recognizing it when it would play.  So I am so glad that it work out to take them.  It really was a wonderful night for me. 

3 comments:

  1. Ha I love that picture of Cody at the Messiah concert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures and the write up on the concert! Glad it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the Piano Guys! I bought myself their album for Christmas this past year. I really can't tell you how much I love them- they are so amazingly talented and so funny!

    ReplyDelete