3 months ago
Friday, November 2, 2012
1st Day of School Take One!
The kids are in different schools this year. Elena missed the deadline to go to the public school here, but she got accepted at the new Charter School that is right by our house. Both schools are about the same distance from our house, just opposite directions. It is like a triangle and our house is the point of the triangle and each school is at each side of the base. I am very impressed with both schools, and although I would love to have them in the same school next year....neither one of them wants to go to the others school.
School rivalry or school pride...not sure which one. Anyways, Elena's school started a week and a half before Cody's school so here is her first day of school story. Sunday July 29th was the day before Elena started Kindergarten. Matt had to go to Yuma that night, so we took care of Fathers Blessings and such before he left. Matt left around 7:00pm and I started to get Elena to bed. We had had several late nights and she also had a little cold. I tried to get her to bed early, but before I knew it it is was after 8:00pm. I finally got her all tucked into bed. Around 9:30pm Matt called and said his car stalled. We had a big monsoon come through
and Matt drove through a few too many puddles
on the way out to Yuma. Somehow stalled his car. We figured this was the end for the 230,000 mile Honda Accord. It was after 10:00pm before Matt finally decided it was not going to start and needed us to come get him. He called a tow truck and I woke the kids up and loaded them in the car. Luckily we only had to go to Mericopa City where the tow truck would drop
Matt and the car off. We deiced to give the car one last charge and see if any thing happened. We charged the battery for a little while and sure enough, that thing started right up. So off Matt went to Yuma and I took my tired kids home to bed.
It was almost 1:00am when we got home.
So I hated to wake poor Elena up for school the next morning. You can definitely see in these pictures that she was not at top notch, but cold and lack of sleep she was a real trooper for her first day of all day kindergarten.
I tried to let her sleep in as long as possible, so we were pushing time a little bit. She choose a nice balanced breakfast of Lucky Charms, we got her dressed and did
our newest go to hair style...brushed hair with a headband... well most of the time it is brushed!!! She looked completely adorable in her uniform with argyle heart socks.
Her new school dose not allow character back packs, since she had a princess one, she used Cody's while her new one was on order.
She had a great day and came home happy and worn out from her big day. I sure am proud of my big Kindergartner!!!! Here is a cute video from a few days after school started. Her friends were over for a play date and they wanted to recite their school pledge. Pretty impressive!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment