Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Elena's Birthday Party



WOW!!!!  12 girls together sure sounds an awful  lot like 80 girls together.  Despite the squealing and a few rounds of saying The Pledge of Allegiance, Elena's 5th Birthday Party was so fun.  Elena wanted a Hula Party....not a Luau, but a Hula Party.  I found some Hula Skirts and knew this party was a go.  I only had 13 skirts, so we had to narrow down some of her friends, which was very hard for her to do.  I felt really bad when two days before the party I found a Target bag in my closet with five more Hula skirts, but at that point, it was too late to invite those few friends that we didn't invite.  However after today, I am glad we only had 12 girls here.  It was a full house of girls.  They all looked adorable in their hula skirts.  We played some games like find what coconut shell has the candy under it.  (have three shells, put candy under one of them, mix them up and guess what shell has the Candy.)  The girls LOVED it!!!  I taught them how to Hula...ya, I really don't know, but I just kind of did the basic move your hands to one side and then move them to the other side and a little bit of hip action.  And we did a Congo line.  Then we ate dinner and then made (Leis) Hula Necklaces.  It was a little tricky to get them started. They had to string on cut up straws and flower petals, but they all caught on quickly and they turned out really cute.  Then we played pin the coconut on the palm tree.  I told Matt to take some pictures, because my hands were busy getting tape on the coconut and blindfolding and spinning the girls. He took only one picture of it and the rest were of the cat peaking in the window.  But oh was I glad her was there to help!!!   I took this picture of the pin the coconut on the palm tree after the party.... It was a very last minute addition and I think turned out cute and the girls enjoyed it too.  We then opened presents and had cupcakes. Again....I guess I am getting lazy or uncreative in my old age.  I did Walmart cupcakes again.  Seriously!!!!  SOOO EASY!!!! Birthday Parties take a lot out of me, but so worth it to see the joy of my little sunshine surrounded by all her friends.  Here is a small snip-it of the girls and their lovely voices. 

1 comment:

  1. The party looked great Lori! I'm sure that 12 little girls were a lot to keep entertained but it sounds like you did a great job! I was really curious to see what you did with those coconut shells saved from the sorbets and I'm sure that was a really fun game for the girls to play. You are so creative! Good job!

    ReplyDelete