Friday, April 13, 2012

I Love Her!!!

After a hard day of play, Elena loves to wash her feet off in the sink.  These pictures remind me of a story about myself that my mom wrote down when I was Elena's Age. This is what my mom wrote...As I walked passed the bathroom, I noticed Lori sitting on top of the counter with her feet in the sink.  When I asked her what she was doing, she said..."I am giving my feet a drink.  They are hot and thirsty and they need a drink."

Sometimes I am caught dead in my tracks with the realization that I was once "this little girl" and now, I am the mother. I easily tear up with happiness and sadness that my baby is now this beautiful little girl.  Her goal of being a "Space Scientist" ( I have no idea where that came from) when she grows up is just tip of the iceberg of what this girl can achieve.  She learned....well overheard us talking to Cody about what "flippin the bird" means.  She practiced it on us the other night.  As we tried to tell her not to do that, she said...."What???( in her 4 year old teenage voice) my thumb was up too."  This one is a smart one I tell you, she does not miss a beat!!  She can have us wrapped around her little finger one second and throwing our arms up in the air the next.  I don't know what I did in heaven to deserve this little girl, but it must have been something pretty good. I LOVE HER!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love this post and love Elena! You are such a good mom Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had Hillary home for 10 days in between semesters from college and I feel the same way about her.

    ReplyDelete