Sunday, October 17, 2010

Elena Turns 3

Elena had her birthday back on September 27. We started out the morning by waking her up by singing happy birthday. She was excited to come down stairs to see "her birthday on the table", but to her dismay there was nothing on the table. I think she was was expecting to see presents and balloons and cake all set up for her on the table. I felt kind of bad, because I was going to do a Kindermusik party for her, but.....the birthday party budget got nixed along with some other things, as we are trying to cut our expenses back. But we still had a fun filled day and I think in the end, she felt really special. I took her to pick out three balloons and then we went and picked up her Tinkerbell cup-cakes. I know, me taking the easy way out again. I'm sorry, but there is something about those Wal-Mart cupcakes...way too good to pass up on. Which by the way...some how I did not get pictures of them...too bad, they were so cute!!!! I made home made Panda Express (Elena's Favorite) and we had a fun little family birthday party. She LOVED opening presents and was thrilled with everything she got. We gave her this princess hair, that we actually got in Disney Land last year and I forgot to give it to her for Christmas, so I was glad I remembered it for her birthday. She looked like the cutest little pixy with her Tinkerbell wings and long hair in. Elena is such an amazing addition to our family and is such a ray of sunshine in our lives. To see what life looked like the day we got Elena click here. We love you little sweetheart!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Elena! Don't feel bad Lori, we didn't even tell Maddie it was her birthday when she turned 3 since it was the day after we moved. I did make a cake for her a week later though. I am happy to say that she wasn't permanently damaged by her very tiny 3rd birthday "party".

    ReplyDelete