Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 21-22

Day 21 was a big day and lots happened. First the cleaning crew came in and cleaned the pool. Then they rested and played basket ball in the drive way. (too bad...no picture of the basket ball play'n)

Then the plaster arrived and they started spraying that on. They had some fun spiky shoes for this part. And then came the smoothing and more funny shoes. I think these guys would be great at decorating cakes and getting the frosting all smooth. In fact the empty pool made me think of cake, one with fondant frosting. Any way....then they wrapped a glove around our hose and cranked it on. And placed it on the drain, this prevents from getting a big divot in the pool from the force of the water. It took about 28 hours to fill the pool, and because water here, comes out warm...the temp was perfect to just jump on in. It probably would have been fine to jump in and swim, but I kept the kids out, because it was really dusty from the plaster. So on Day 22 later in the after noon when the pool was all full. Our pool guy came and dumped lots of salt and a few other things in to start the pool up for the first time. I did not get any pictures of this. We ran it the rest of the day and all night.

2 comments:

  1. I Love it.....I wanna come swim! Our Ward boundaries are Leola, Wellington and Ramola. The new Ward's name is Taylor Monument. Our Ward name is now Holmes Creek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! Love that you were thinking about cakes while they were working hard making everything look smooth! You are hilarious :) You home is beautiful and I am so glad things are going so well. Miss you here, but we know you will be back in the future!

    ReplyDelete