3 months ago
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Lemon Bars from the Twin Peaks Kids Cookbook
Any one
who knows me knows that I have a sweet tooth. I love baking, buying and eating desserts. The only problem is is that I am not that person who can eat just one. I am that person that can eat the whole pan of brownies in one sitting and not even have a stomach ache. Well a couple of weekends ago I was out of brownies, chocolate chips, gram crackers, and peanut butter. All of my ingredients that I need to make my standard go to desserts. I needed dessert!!!! And then it came to me....Lemon Bars. I pulled out this recipe book, that will be quite the blast from the past to many of the readers out there.
This is the Twin Peaks Kids Cookbook. This Cookbook is a compilation of recipes from the kids that went to Twin Peaks Elementary over 30 years ago.
(back when Chris was in 3rd grade and Lisa was in 6th) And inside is THE BEST recipe for Lemon Bars, by Kim Jones.....I remember her and her little brother Danny who was my age. Whatever happened to the Jones family??? Any ways, I remember this recipe being a family favorite! It thought all Lemon Bar recipes
would be pretty much the same....they are not! For many years when this book was not in my possession I tried making Lemon Bars and they were nothing like this recipe. I don't share many recipes on here, in fact I
haven't ever....but this blog is for my posterity's sake...and I mustn't (is that a word??) let this recipe die along with this worn out cookbook. I usually make a half batch, because like I said...I will eat the whole pan. But after I eat the last one, I sure wish I would have made a full batch. And I like to eat them cold....as in frozen. Enjoy!!! (Click picture of recipe to view it larger)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Looks delicious. Now I'm craving lemon bars. I think I will be trying this recipe. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteYay for Twin Peaks! Those look good and I am not really a lemonbar person
ReplyDelete