Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Keeping up with the Joneses

Last year the kids got a Jeep for Christmas from Santa. As a child I always wanted one of these, but I was kind of too old when they became available and they were kind of pricey. So when the kids got one, I was pretty excited for them. We kept the Jeep down stairs in the Kaysville house and then when we moved to Mesa, the kids loved riding it in our dirt filled back yard. On Saturday our cute little neighbor Lexi was out riding her Barbie Convertible Mustang. (with real working lights and cd player)

Cody went and got his Jeep and came ridding into the front yard in style......or so we thought. Lexi got out of her car to check Cody's Jeep out. As she got in the Jeep and got all situated, she asked.... do you have a radio? Where is your little map? (GPS) How do we know where to go? Do your lights really work? I had to laugh at the fact that even though these kids are a new generation....the old phrase of "keeping up with the Joneses" will always be around. Luckly our "Joneses" are awesome and we are so lucky to have them as our neighbors and our friends.

2 comments:

  1. Too funny. I've always wanted one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids always feel jipped because all the neighbors have jeeps and they don't. I'm such a LAME mom!!! oh well haha.

    ReplyDelete