Friday, October 21, 2011

My Baby Girl Turns Four


It really seems like yesterday we were anxiously driving to phoenix in hopes to add a little girl to our family.(click here to see the day we got Elena) There are somethings that you will never forget and one of those is seeing your baby girl for the first time....love at first sight would be an understatement. And then, somehow you blink and that sweet little baby is suddenly four...saying things like "that is so dilarious", "I look Fablieous!" and "when I am a mother, I will give these to my children."  Making up songs about her "sweet Jedi" and spending hours in front of the mirror putting on lip-gloss and hair clips.  We won't even mention the number of times she changes from one dress-up to the next.  She is a little mother, and always has words of advice to hand out whether solicited or not.  How we are so fortunate to have Elena as our daughter, I will never know....She is one of our greatest blessings!!!  The night before her birthday I was tucking her in and told her this is the last night she will be sleeping in her bed as a three year old.  I don't know what happened, but she got all emotional and crying saying she didn't want to be four, she hated four year olds and only wanted to be two.  I finally got her settled down from that emotional down pour and she suddenly got excited for the morning to come, because she would have breakfast in bed.  Morning came early because Matt was in Tennessee and called at 5:00am.  We have this tradition of waking the kids up by singing Happy Birthday to them.  Matt was three hours ahead and had meetings all day, so 5:00am it was. (the video is kinda funny because Matt is on his cell phone and was feeling a little embarrassed as people were passing by as he was singing.) Because Matt was out of town we didn't do the whole birthday shabang, but we did do some fun things and I think she had a fun and special day.  On Friday Matt came home from being gone all week and as you can imagine Elena was more than excited to finally open her presents.  We had a great time together as a family as we partied it up in celebration of Elena's Birthday and it happened to be the anniversary of the day we got Elena....even more reason to celebrate.  Elena was so excited to get a new princess bike.  It is a little big, but she is doing quite well at maneuvering it.  And lets not forget the Barbie Princess Birthday Cake....which I will post about separately.  It was a great day!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Love the picture of Elena opening her presents, she looks very happy. The cake looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures and Elena looks so beautiful and happy! You really make the birthdays special!

    ReplyDelete