
OK,

so I haven't finished posting Christmas yet.....but I am just going to do Valentines Day, because it hasn't happened yet and look how on top of it I am. For the past few months Matt has been out of town A LOT!!!!! sometimes the whole week or all weekend or both. So with Valentines approaching and having him home this

weekend, I wanted to make it full of family time, fun and L

OVE!!! Now if cheesiness makes you want to vomit, please X out of here or don't say I didn't warn you. This Matt of mine, was a great sport as he spent his whole weekend participating in my Valentine Extravaganza when he could have been out hunting....yes, I feel SOOO LOVED!!! We started out with the Cupid Shoot. This is where Matt and Cody shot their bows at the heart target, and to help include Elena, she threw a bean bag. Then we had a treasure hunt where the kids had to find the heart clues that lead them all over

the house and outside and then to a Valenti

ne present prize. Cody got a little excited to get to the next clue and took off the screen door as he ran right into it. After we got the doo

r fixed, we did love letters. Boys wrote a letter to the girls and girls wrote to the boys. For this we went out in the driveway and used sidewalk chalk. (the

boys letter was so light and the sun was all shadowy and didn't get a great picture of it, but it was soo cute! Then we had impromptu....Cody learned to ride a two wheeler (see video below.) Our next game was Heart Drop. (sorry these pictures had bad lighting

too) This is where we stood upstairs and dropped candy hearts into the cups down stairs. This was a favorite...I think because they could drop stuff off from the railing which is usually a no-no except for blankets and occasionally clothes. Then we had to take a break so Cody could live his other life as a Jedi or Darth Mall or Boba Fett......This kid is obsessed about playing Lego Star Wars. So while Cody and Matt played X-Box, Elena and I did

some serious baking. I was just going to do sugar cookies and cookies on a stick for Matt's primary class. But then

I found these
cute little pies on my friends blog, so I made them too. They are perfect for the kids primary teachers and school teacher. Such a cute idea and so easy. After baking, I was not in the mood or prepared to make dinner, so we went for Del Taco. It was a typical Matt and Lori order....One soft taco for Elena Two soft tacos with no lettus for Cody and 12 Tacos for us. Grand Total $6.47 .....moving right along. We came home and ate and then it was time to decorate some cookies. Valentines' Day just isn't

Valentines Day with out Sugar Cookies. In fact, no holiday is complete without sugar cookies.....which is kind of a problem because Valentines Day is tomorrow and we just finished eating the last of the sugar cookies. But, we did get some exercise in at our Valentines Dance. I picked up Just Dance 2 at Target and this was by far my favorite part. We did a lot of the duet dances

and Cody's favorite was Viva Las Vegas. Hilarious!!! I promised Matt no videos of it on the blog, so sorry ): but here is a cute picture of Matt and Cody dancing and Elena being the free spirit that she is. Then Bed Time....We all slept great!!! Then today after church we came home and had BBQ stake and baked potatoes and sparkling cider, ate a million cookies and played Don't Eat My Valentine (just like the game Don't Eat Pete). If my family didn't know before, I think they have a hint that I might just be crazy in love with them.
Love it! You are so creative and such a fun mom. I will have to steal some of your ideas! You should bring just dance if you guys come. Love that game. Maybe we could bring our wii to mom and dad's and get everyone to join in!
ReplyDeleteI think I would have liked the treasure hunt the best. It's so fun to figure out clues that screen doors better be open!
ReplyDeleteWow! That wasn't at all cheesy, just great fun! You are so creative, Lori, and make life so much fun for your family. I agree with Allison that you should bring just dance when you come. We had fun doing that at Tiffany's on New Year's Eve. Tell Cody great job on the bike!
ReplyDeleteI love all of the cheesiness. Did you get the Sweetie Pie recipe off of Brittany's blog. I thought they were adorable and they looked easy too.
ReplyDelete