3 months ago
Thursday, December 16, 2010
A Recipe for Disaster.
Matt had another Birthday!
They just keep coming!!!! And in 6 months I will join him at this ripe old age. Well, Anyone who knows Matt knows he LOVES ICE CREAM!!!!! He alw
ays says Quantity is better than Quality. (Although quality is pretty good too) One of Matt's goals is to have a soft serve ice cream machine in our home. But since $8000.00 is not readily available and probably never will be....I found this one to hold him over. He somehow found out about it and couldn't wait even just one day to get it crankin. S
o the night before his Birthday, I gave into his persistence. This is where the title of this blog post comes into play. I mixed up the milk and cream and sugar, stirred it together and dumped it into the soft serve machine. I t
hen licked the spoon and it tasted like garlic. Then I smelled the milk....and it smelled like garlic. I don't know if the milk was going bad, or why it smelled and tasted the way it did, but I hoped that it would magically turn yummy as it tuned into ice-cream. Well... long story short, it never turned into ice-cream. Matt was super bummed
and so we decided to dump the mixture into a bowl and try it again tomorrow. As we pulled the bowl out, we didn't think about the hole at the bottom of the bowl that allows the ice cream to be dispensed out as soft-serve and it all went pouring out everywhere. Matt then went from bumm
ed to ticked off at himself, for "ruining" his new soft serve ice cream machine. I got things all cleaned up and luckily had a carton of ice cream to help smooth things over wit
h the whole miss hap. But to make it all better, we had take two on his actual birthday. This time we used a fresh new bottle of Milk, Cream and Sugar. And this time I actually read the recipe and mixed the mixture with the electric mixer
r for two minutes, as opposed to swishing it with a spoon a couple of times. We let it mix for 20 min and then it was the moment of truth!!!!!! Drummer Roll............ and we have soft serve!!! The kids loved "serving" themselves and choosing the mix in they wanted. (this machine adds in a mix in as you dispense the ice cream. Any ways super fun machine and it turned out to be a great birthday for Matt after all. Oh and did I mention the Carrot Cake I made was simply Heaven!!! Don't forget to keep scrolling down to read about our Thanksgiving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Hooray for round two!
ReplyDeleteWe had a similar mishap last night as I went to make brownies and Rick gave me the oil that had been used to fry stuff and then put back into the container to use to fry again. Needless to say, brownie batter made with used cooking oil does not taste even remotely good.
That looks so good. I would love to have soft serve ice cream at home! I'm glad round two worked out:}
ReplyDeleteI could use one of those...awesome! I love your family picture at the top of your blog. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog too.
ReplyDelete