2 months ago
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Disneyland
Gosh
where to start.....Well, it just happened that Matt had a training to go to about 2o minuets from Disneyland, so.... it is only logical, that we should all take advantage of this opportunity and head out to Disneyland. We stayed at Fairfied Inn Disneyland, which is easy walking distance
to Disneyland, so Matt could take the car into his meeting. We arrived on Monday, had an early check in and headed out for the rest of the day. It was MAGICAL when we entered the park, they happened to be filming for their Christmas Day special and
everything was decorated for Christmas. Every time Matt has been to Disneyland Space Mountain has been closed, so he wanted to check there first and see if it was open. It was and it had a very short line. Cody was tall enough, so they went on it and I took Elena and got in the baby swap line. After the ride, Cody was freaked.... he said "I don't like outer space" Matt said the whole time Cody was saying...."It is going too fast" We swapped
places and Matt stayed with the kids and I went on it, and I couldn't even enjoy it, I just felt so bad that this was the first ride we made Cody go on. So needless to say it tool A LOT of coaxing to get Cody to go on any ride. I guess in the end he was a good sport, because he did do all of the rides we wanted him to do.
In fact on Splash Mountain, we was with Matt and Matt said to raise your hands, and Cody not knowing any different did it. You can see his little hand in this picture, too bad there is a Grandma in a big red sweater in front of him, I would have loved to see his face. But the one ride Cody was bound and determined NOT to go on was Peter Pan, which is probably one of my favorite ones. But by the third
day and a little bribing, he finally did it. And of coarse both kids absolutely LOVED it and we stood in lines many a-times to do it again and again. Something about that ride just makes you feel so...
nostalgic. Like it was me when I was five, cuddled up to my mom and dad on the Peter Pan ride. One of our families favorite rides was the Toy Story Mainia ride. i would always ride with Elena. On our first time on this ride, I would go back and forth between my shooter and hers.
But the second time....well, she got zero points. I was all of the sudden turned back into a kid and was only worried about me getting lots of points. But I don't feel too bad, Elena was having fun, she just wasn't pulling the string hard enough to score any points. Anyways, great family ride. We hope Santa brings us Toy Story
Mainia for the Wii...... Hummm something tells me he might.... because we have been
really good this year. A crazy coincidence was that we ran into Cody's birth mom while we were in Disneyland. She works about 5 min away from our house and
yet she is a busy lady and we never get see her. So we found it quite crazy that we see her in Disneyland of all places. We spent a few hours the last two nights hanging out with her and her friend Heather there at Disneyland. This was especially fun, because they were so nice to sit with the
kids and Matt and I got to ride some of the good rides. Like the Screamer and our new favorite.... the Tower of Terror (that is a great one!) and with their help we were able to coax Cody to go on the Haunted Mansion, which at Christmas time is done up as the Nightmare Before Christmas. Funny thing, this turned out to be one of Cody's favorite rides
too. He even traded one of his pins for a Jack Skeleton pin to put on his lanyard. Our friends in Lindsay California told us about pin trading, and our kids loved it, sometimes it surprised me the pins they would choose to trade, but hey, it's their pins.
We had blast in Disneyland and only missed Matt for a few hours the last two days, as he was in his meetings. We also got a chance to swim in a nice heated outdoor pool and watch some fun in room movies along with wearing the kids completely out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I love the pictures. It looks like so much fun!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like so much fun. It seriously makes me want to just book tickets and head out tomorrow :) Drew would totally dig the area with Car's!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had so much fun. See you soon.
What a cute family! I love the diva picture of Elena in her red shirt. :) I'm glad you guys had so much fun.
ReplyDeleteLooks like so much fun. Thanks for sharing. Good job getting Cody to still try rides. The first roller coaster Hillary ever rode on was Goliath at Magic Mountain -it is the tallest roller coaster west of the Mississippi. After that she hung out in the little kids area the rest of the day.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great vacation! I love that last picture.
ReplyDeletelooks like so much fun!
ReplyDeleteWhat about Matt's meetings? Were they fun, too, Matt?
ReplyDeleteOh that last picture cracks me up! That's how I feel at the end of a Disneyland day. Looks like you had a great time. Gotta love Disney!
ReplyDeleteI loved looking at the pictures and reading about your trip. What a fun trip! I'm so glad that you got to go.
ReplyDelete